1) God created everything.
“In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.” Genesis 1:1
“So God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.” Genesis 1:27
2) We sinned. Every person on earth is a sinner. We all do bad things.
“For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23
3) We deserve death for our sins. But we can have eternal life through Jesus.
“For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 6:23
4) God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus Christ to earth to die on a cross (took the punishment that we deserve) to save us from our sins.
“For God so loved the world, that He gave his only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through Him. Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.” John 3:16-18
5) God raised Jesus from the dead. Jesus is Lord.
“that he worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. And he put all things under His feet…” Ephesians 1:20-22
“And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me.'” Matthew 28:18
6) We must repent of our sins and put our faith and trust in Jesus Christ. This is the ONLY way to be saved (go to heaven and have everlasting life).
“Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” Matthew 3:2
“Jesus answered, ‘I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through Me.’” John 14:6
7) We must be spiritually “born again”.
“Jesus answered him, ‘Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.’” John 3:3
See full chapter (John 3) for detailed explanation.
8) No one is a good person. We cannot earn heaven.
“…None is righteous, no, not one;” Romans 3:10
9) The Lord Jesus Christ is coming back in judgment. Those who have repented of their sins and given their lives to Him will spend eternity in heaven with Jesus. Sadly, those who have not repented of their sins and given their lives to Him will burn for eternity in hell.
“Then He will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.’” Matthew 25:41
10) Following Jesus begins with one humble prayer.
“Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.” Romans 10:9
If you are ready to give your life to Jesus and live for Him, please pray:
I am a sinner.
I believe that You died on the cross to save me from my sins.
I believe that You rose again.
I believe that Jesus Is Lord.
Please forgive me from my sins.
And I will follow You for the rest of my life.
In Jesus’ name I pray,
If you prayed that prayer and meant it, you have been saved by God’s grace (undeserved favor) through your faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus paid it all. You are justified by faith, not works.
“For it is by grace you have been saved through faith – and this is not from yourselves. It is the gift of God – not by works, so that no one can boast.” Ephesians 2:8-9
Praise the Lord!
Now Follow Jesus every day:
1) Get a Bible. Start reading it daily.
2) Pray daily.
3) Find a Bible believing church. Attend regularly.
Follow the Lord!
If you feel like you cannot believe in Jesus, read the Bible. “Faith comes by hearing the word of God.” (Romans 10:17)
If you have a question, would like to talk, pray or be encouraged, please fill out the form below. Anonymous is ok. Expect a timely response.