1) God created the earth and everything in it.
“In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth… So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Genesis 1:1, 27
2) We sinned (Genesis 3). Every human being is born with a sinful nature. We come out of the womb rebelling against parents.
“For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” Romans 3:23
3) A Holy God must punish sin. We deserve death for our sins. But…
“For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Romans 6:23
4) God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus Christ to earth to die on a cross for our sins. Satisfying the wrath of God, He took the punishment we deserve and paid the penalty for our sins 100% in full.
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16
“In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace” Ephesians 1:7
5) God raised Jesus from the dead. Jesus is Lord.
“…Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; and that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures” 1 Corinthians 15:3-4
“That he worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. And he put all things under His feet…” Ephesians 1:20-22
“And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, ‘All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.'”
6) No human being could ever be good enough to earn heaven.
“There is none righteous, no, not one” Romans 3:10
7) Our hearts are deceitful and desperately wicked.
“The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? Jeremiah 17:9
8) We must turn away from following our deceitful hearts to follow the Lord Jesus Christ by faith. This is the ONLY way to be saved (go to heaven and have everlasting life).
“Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” Matthew 3:2
“Jesus saith unto him, ‘I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.'” John 14:6
9) We must be spiritually “born again”.
“Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.'” John 14:6
See full chapter (John 3) for a detailed explanation.
10) The Lord Jesus Christ is coming back in judgment. Those who have repented of their sins and given their lives to Christ are at peace with Him and will spend eternity with Him.
“There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.” Romans 8:1
11) But the wrath of God remains on those who have not repented of their sins and given their lives to Him. They will burn for eternity in hell.
“He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.” John 3:36
“Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, ‘Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels'” Matthew 25:41
12) Commiting to follow Jesus for the rest of your life begins with a humble, very serious prayer.
“That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.'” Romans 10:9
If you are certain you are ready to give your entire life to Jesus, to deny yourself and live for Him, please pray:
I am a sinner.
I believe that You died on the cross to save me from my sins.
I believe that You rose again.
I believe that Jesus Is Lord.
Please forgive me from my sins.
And I will follow You for the rest of my life.
In Jesus’ name I pray,
If you prayed that prayer and meant it, you have been saved by God’s grace (undeserved favor) through your faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus paid it all. You are justified by faith, not works.
“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast.” Ephesians 2:8-9
Praise the Lord!
Do not be one of the many who turn back. Fight to follow!
1) Get a Bible. Start reading it daily. Trust the Lord. Obey His Word.
2) Pray without ceasing. Talk to Jesus.
3) Find a Bible-believing church. Attend regularly. Serve!
Follow the Lord!
Weak faith? Read the Bible. “Faith comes by hearing the word of God.” (Romans 10:17)
If you have a question, would like to talk, pray or be encouraged, click here to contact us. Anonymous is ok. Expect a timely response.