Matt & Rebekah, now home in Pennsylvania, would appreciate the privilege to share “ex-gay” testimony & song at your church.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Past & Scheduled Future Sunday Mornings:
- 12/29/2019 – Faith Bible Church Lumber City & The Bridge – https://www.facebook.com/faithbiblelc/ ; https://www.facebook.com/thebridgeclearfield/
- 1/05/2020 – Clearfield Christian & Missionary Alliance (C&MA) – https://www.facebook.com/ClearfieldAllianceChurch/
- 1/12/2020 – Curwensville First Baptist – http://firstbaptistcurwensville.org/
- 1/19/2020 – Clearfield First Baptist – http://www.fbcclearfield.com/
- 1/26/2020 – Lighthouse Church – https://www.lighthouse1.org/
- 2/02/2020 – Mt. Carmel Church
- 2/09/2020 – Curwensville Christian Church – http://www.curwensvillechristian.org/
- 2/16/2020 – Dubois Temple Baptist – http://www.tbcdubois.org/
- 2/23/2020, 9:45am – Altoona First Baptist – https://fbcaltoona.com/
- 3/01/2020, 11:00am – Pittsburgh Baptist – http://www.pittsburghbaptist.org/
- 3/08/2020, 9:30am – Philipsburg First Baptist – http://www.fbcphilipsburg.com
- 3/08/2020, 5:45pm – Curwensville First Baptist Youth- http://www.firstbaptistcurwensville.org
- 3/22/2020, 9:30am – Park Forest Baptist of State College – https://parkforestbaptist.org/ (cancelled)
- 3/29/2020, 8:15 & 10:45am – Grace Bible Church of Hollidaysburg – https://gbclive.org/ (cancelled)
- 4/05/2020, 9:00 & 10:30am – Big Woods Bible Church of Lock Haven – https://bigwoods.org/
- 4/19/2020, 9:25am – Woodbury Church of the Brethren (near Altoona) – http://www.woodburycob.org/
- 4/26/2020, 10:15am – Centre Grove United Methodist, Clearfield – https://www.centregrove.com/
Praise the Lord!
If you are in the area, please join us!
“And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.” Genesis 22:18
“And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries? And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the Lord am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my Lord unto his servant? And the captain of the Lord’s host said unto Joshua, Loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest is holy. And Joshua did so.” Joshua 5:13-14
Praise the Lord!
“…for the joy of the Lord is your strength.”
Praise the Lord!
“Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.” Psalms 119:105
Bible Baptist Church Russey Keo; Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Praise the Lord!
“You shall have no other gods before Me. You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.”
“Let no one disqualify you, insisting on asceticism and worship of angels, going on in detail about visions, puffed up without reason by his sensuous mind,”
Thank you for praying. Bus ride from Bangkok, Thailand to Phnom Penh, Cambodia took well over 20 hours due to a delay and re-route, then about 15 hours to return. Time with church family was wonderful. Although I got sick, the Lord provided strength to push through. We had a blessed mission. Praise the Lord.
- Pastor asked Rebekah to teach Sunday School impromptu. I prayed with her quickly, and she went in. We worked together. With the Lord, she did valiantly.
- Both of us standing in front of the congregation, Pastor asked, ‘Do you have a plan to get married?’ and ‘Do you have an idea of a date yet?’
- Then I shared testimony from old life to new. We sang “It Is Well”- our first duet.
- Daniel blessed me with the opportunity to preach at his house church. I spoke about spiritual weapons, including fasting.
- The Lord always leads to witness, which is the core of Castaway’s mission. Jesus loves all and died for all. The gospel of Jesus Christ is 100% inclusive- applies to everyone.
We visited the rural village where I lived before moving to Bangkok 5 months ago. Walking from house to house, we gathered kids who regularly attended class on the porch. With most grouped together sort of in a line, I chatted them up and asked one by one if any was still reading the Bible every day. From left to right- ‘Otey. Otey. Otey…’ (No, No, No…). Humble and shy, the last boy uttered- ‘Baht’ (Yes) and looked down.
This is one of the Lord’s cinematic moments. Why was it the last child in the line who said Yes when all of the others said No?
Brothers and sisters, think of this as a case study. Imagine that you have 6 months to build relationships in a village, share the gospel and win souls for Christ. Many pray to accept Jesus. Who will actually follow?
On the surface, all of the children appear to be the same… until you hear “K”‘s story. After accepting Jesus as his Lord and Savior, K immediately showed an interest in the Word. He volunteered to read the Bible and pray in class.
One day, an elderly neighbor woman told me that his parents were both dead. He and his brother lived with his grandparents. I visited them and met his brother who shared he was leaving in a matter of days to work in Korea indefinitely (whch is common… make money to send back home). K was devastated.
Which one is still reading his Bible? The one who is broken- has suffered tremendously and experienced the Savior’s comfort.
“…my father and my mother have left me, and the Lord has taken me up.” – Psalm 27:10
We don’t always know why bad things happen, but we know that God can use them to point us to the Rescuer, who loves us so much that He gave His life for us.
Follow this child’s example. Follow Jesus.
The Gospel of Jesus Christ:
“For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” – Romans 3:23
“For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” – Romans 6:23
“If a man is not born again, he will not see the kingdom of God.” – John 3:3
“Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” – Matthew 3:2
“Because if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.” – Romans 10:9-10
“So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.” – John 8:36